My name is Bence Forrás, the “correct” pronunciation of which is [ˈbɛnt͡sɛ ˈforːaːʃ]. Unofficially I often use the first name Ben. This form follows Western name order, as is common for Hungarian names when used outside of Hungary. I prefer keeping the acute in Forrás whenever possible, which should be almost always given that we live in age of Unicode. However, if only basic Latin characters may be used, the preferred transliteration is Forras.
My pronouns are he/him/his.
Since October 2020, I have been a doctoral student of Andreas Nickel in the Essen Research Training Group. Here is a detailed list of what I have been doing during my time in Essen.
Here is my curriculum vitæ.
- 2017–2020: MSc in Mathematics at RFWU Bonn, Germany (funded by BIGS)
Master thesis: Iwasawa Theory, advisor: Dustin Clausen
- 2014–2017: BSc in Pure Mathematics at ELTE, Budapest, Hungary
Bachelor thesis: Kummer’s Congruences and the p-adic Zeta-Function, advisor: Gergely Zábrádi
Between October 25 and December 2, 2022, I stayed at the Indian Institute of Science in Bengaluru.
- Iwasawa 2023: in memory of John Coates: University of Cambridge, 17–21 July 2023
- Arithmetic of L-functions: Madrid, 22–26 May 2023
- Spring School on Non-archimedean Geometry and Eigenvarieties: Heidelberg, 6–17 March 2023
- Number theory meets p-adic representations: Münster, 13–17 February 2023
- Seminar on special values of L-functions: Bielefeld, September 21, 2022
- Elliptic curves and modular forms in arithmetic geometry: Milano, September 12–16, 2022
- School on Arithmetic Geometry: Essen, September 5–9, 2022
- Young Researchers in Algebraic Number Theory (Y-RANT): Glasgow, August 23–25, 2022
- Number Theory and Algebraic Geometry: ICM sectional workshop, ETH Zürich, July 11–14, 2022
- Arizona Winter School: Tucson, March 5–9, 2022
- Neubiberger Zahlentheorie-Tage Herbst 2021: Universität der Bundeswehr München, September 30 – October 1, 2021
- Integrality of smoothed p-adic Artin L-functions, Arithmetic of L-functions: Madrid, 24 May 2023
- Integrality of smoothed p-adic Artin L-functions, Seminar des SFB/TRR 326 GAUS: Heidelberg, February 3, 2023
- Integrality of smoothed p-adic Artin L-functions, IISc Number theory seminar: Bangalore, November 16, 2022
- Integrality of smoothed p-adic Artin L-functions, Seminar on special values of L-functions: Bielefeld, September 21, 2022
- Integrality of smoothed p-adic Artin L-functions, Young Researchers in Algebraic Number Theory (Y-RANT): Glasgow, August 23–25, 2022
- Integrality of the smoothed p-adic L-function, Neubiberger Zahlentheorie-Tage Herbst 2021: Universität der Bundeswehr München, September 30 – October 1, 2021
- The Langlands Correspondence: PhD seminar, June 21, 2023
- Integrality of smoothed p-adic Artin L-functions, RTG seminar: Essen, January 12, 2023
- Abstract Root Data: PhD seminar, January 25, 2023
- Weakly ramified extensions I and II: Galois module structure seminar, June 22 and 29, 2022
- Deformations of Galois representations II – lifting Galois representations: PhD seminar, July 8, 2022
- Towards the integrality of the p-adic L-function: PhD Days, October 7–8, 2021
- Discrete Adic Spaces (Globalisation I): Forschungsseminar, July 8, 2021
- Affinoid Algebras and Affinoid Spaces: PhD seminar, May 11, 2021
- Some reduction steps and the Ritter–Weiss module: Brumer–Stark seminar, December 1, 2020
- Divided Powers I: PhD seminar, November 4, 2020
For a more comprehensive list, see this page.
- WS 2021/22: Cyclotomic Fields and Iwasawa Theory
- WS 2016/17: Linear algebra
- 2014–2016: grading papers for KöMaL
- E-mail: bforras[meow]bforras[dot]eu (general-purpose)
- E-mail: bence.forras[meow]uni-due[dot]de (for University of Duisburg-Essen business) Indefinitely unavailable.
- Postal address: Universität Duisburg-Essen, Fakultät für Mathematik, Thea-Leymann-Straße 9, 45127 Essen
- Office: WSC-N-3.43