Feel free to call me Ben. My pronouns are he/him/his.
My name as written above follows Western name order, as is common for Hungarian names when used outside of Hungary. Even though we live in age of Unicode, it may happen that only basic Latin characters are supported, in which case the preferred transliteration is Forras.
Here is my curriculum vitæ.
Doctoral dissertation: An equivariant p-adic Artin conjecture.
From October 2023, I will be a postdoc in the group of Andreas Nickel at the Universität der Bundeswehr in München.
- 2017–2020: MSc in Mathematics at RFWU Bonn, Germany (funded by BIGS)
Master thesis: Iwasawa Theory, advisor: Dustin Clausen
- 2014–2017: BSc in Pure Mathematics at ELTE, Budapest, Hungary
Bachelor thesis: Kummer’s Congruences and the p-adic Zeta-Function, advisor: Gergely Zábrádi
- Kleine AG on Modularity Lifting Theorems: Bonn, 9 September 2023
- QuINGs 2023: West Lexham, Norfolk, UK, 30 August – 1 September 2023
- Iwasawa 2023: in memory of John Coates: University of Cambridge, 17–21 July 2023
- Arithmetic of L-functions: Madrid, 22–26 May 2023
- Spring School on Non-archimedean Geometry and Eigenvarieties: Heidelberg, 6–17 March 2023
- Number theory meets p-adic representations: Münster, 13–17 February 2023
- Seminar on special values of L-functions: Bielefeld, September 21, 2022
- Elliptic curves and modular forms in arithmetic geometry: Milano, September 12–16, 2022
- School on Arithmetic Geometry: Essen, September 5–9, 2022
- Young Researchers in Algebraic Number Theory (Y-RANT): Glasgow, August 23–25, 2022
- Number Theory and Algebraic Geometry: ICM sectional workshop, ETH Zürich, July 11–14, 2022
- Arizona Winter School: Tucson, March 5–9, 2022
- Neubiberger Zahlentheorie-Tage Herbst 2021: Universität der Bundeswehr München, September 30 – October 1, 2021
- An equivariant p-adic Artin conjecture, QuINGs 2023: West Lexham, Norfolk, UK, 31 August 2023
- Integrality of smoothed p-adic Artin L-functions, Arithmetic of L-functions: Madrid, 24 May 2023
- Integrality of smoothed p-adic Artin L-functions, Seminar des SFB/TRR 326 GAUS: Heidelberg, February 3, 2023
- Integrality of smoothed p-adic Artin L-functions, IISc Number theory seminar: Bangalore, November 16, 2022
- Integrality of smoothed p-adic Artin L-functions, Seminar on special values of L-functions: Bielefeld, September 21, 2022
- Integrality of smoothed p-adic Artin L-functions, Young Researchers in Algebraic Number Theory (Y-RANT): Glasgow, August 23–25, 2022
- Integrality of the smoothed p-adic L-function, Neubiberger Zahlentheorie-Tage Herbst 2021: Universität der Bundeswehr München, September 30 – October 1, 2021
- The Langlands Correspondence: PhD seminar, June 21, 2023
- Integrality of smoothed p-adic Artin L-functions, RTG seminar: Essen, January 12, 2023
- Abstract Root Data: PhD seminar, January 25, 2023
- Weakly ramified extensions I and II: Galois module structure seminar, June 22 and 29, 2022
- Deformations of Galois representations II – lifting Galois representations: PhD seminar, July 8, 2022
- Towards the integrality of the p-adic L-function: PhD Days, October 7–8, 2021
- Discrete Adic Spaces (Globalisation I): Forschungsseminar, July 8, 2021
- Affinoid Algebras and Affinoid Spaces: PhD seminar, May 11, 2021
- Some reduction steps and the Ritter–Weiss module: Brumer–Stark seminar, December 1, 2020
- Divided Powers I: PhD seminar, November 4, 2020
For a more comprehensive list, see this page.
- WS 2021/22: Cyclotomic Fields and Iwasawa Theory
- WS 2016/17: Linear algebra
- 2014–2016: grading papers for KöMaL
- E-mail: bforras[meow]bforras[dot]eu (general-purpose)
- E-mail: bence.forras[meow]uni-due[dot]de (for University of Duisburg-Essen business) Indefinitely unavailable.
- Postal address: Universität Duisburg-Essen, Fakultät für Mathematik, Thea-Leymann-Straße 9, 45127 Essen
- Office: WSC-N-3.43
Future events of possible interest
- Modular Forms, L-functions, and Eigenvarieties: Paris, 18–21 June 2024
- Recent Progress on Hilbert’s 12th Problem: ICMS, Bayes Centre, Edinburgh, 24–28 June 2024
- Development of Iwasawa theory, a conference in honour of the 60th birthday of Masato Kurihara: Keio University, 22–26 July 2024